Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Lo Down Podcast, Episode 7
















What are your favorite Star Wars quotes? Tommy and I love:


  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"
  • "I am a Jedi, like my father before me" 



We give kudos to Doom, John Carmack, Ubuntu, and Radiohead for not being greedy bastards. We love open source software and Pay What You Want ideas -- but we're kinda peeved that Taylor Swift patented phrases like "1989" and "This sick beat".


Tommy drops a whole bunch of great advice about how life is like poker - and I chime in with my expert knowledge of not knowing how to play poker. Know what I do know? You can't read my, can't read my poker face.

True story.

The moral of the story (and/or this current episode) is that life is going to give you a whole bunch of crap and you just have to take said crap and make lemonade.

Wait.

No, that's not right. Don't do that.

What you do is you play poker and steal from your friends and lie and cheat until you....

No. Dammit. That's Maverick.



Listen, what I'm trying to say is, just try to make the most of your current situation. If you're feeling down and out and like there's no hope, I promise you there is. There's always a way up. There's always a way out. And if you're really feeling glum? Well, there's always a Lo Down podcast to look forward to next week.