Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tito Ortiz vs Rampage Jackson Announced

When asked about the Roy Jones, Jr fight:

Rampage: Man, I'm happy to be back here on Spike TV. I'm training hard, man. I'm back motivated. I found my love for MMA again. Now I'm with a reputable company that knows how to treat their fighters. It's on.

*laughter* Don't believe everything you read on the internet. There's a lot of rumors out there. I don't know how that one got so big. You know, I'm down to fight Roy. I'm a big fan of his, though. I'm a big fan. I'mma tell you: the only pair of Jordans, the first pair of J0rdans I ever bought, was 'cause Roy Jones had them on. You know what I'm saying? I'm a big fan of that man. He's from the South, I'm from the South. He's one of the best boxers of his time. A legend. He's the man. I seen him knock people out with no hands. You know what I'm saying? But this time, I'm going to give the fans what they want. My first fight in Bellator, I want it to be an MMA fight, not a boxing match. Because I love MMA. Again. I'm fighting this guy that's coming out right now.

*Tito Ortiz enters*

Tito: You know, I've fought the best of the best in the world. I've been fighting for a long, long time and Rampage too. We've exchanged with each other; we've been friends for a long time. It's time to push the friendship aside. It's about giving the fans what they want to see and the best fight possible is going to happen here in Bellator. 

Rampage: Man, Tito is a great showman. I've seen this guy work. I've seen him train. I know it's going to be one of the best fights in history.

Tito and Rampage will fight November 2, 2013.